A Natural Video Intern
Jeffco Open Space, Golden, Colorado
Responsibilities: The video intern role includes a full range of responsibilities including but not limited to concept development, shoot set-up, production, video editing, post production, animation, equipment maintenance and footage archival.
The video intern will work day to day with a team that includes a manager, communications associate, communications assistant and graphic designer.
This video, edited on an iPad with iMovie, helped us to secure a $4.6 million grant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZqxyKHI23M&list=UUSRmHr-Na2NrGfxyBA_Su5A. With the aid of a powerful new computer and full Adobe Suite, we are looking to reach audiences in new and dynamic ways.
Our fall intern, from CU Denver, has been working on videos about flood recovery in our parks and a series about connecting children with nature.
- Positive attitude, desire to work collaboratively, ability to take direction and critique
- Advanced skills in Adobe Premiere and a working knowledge of Adobe After Effects
- Meeting personal deadlines and working with others to meet deadlines
- Handling post-production video work - including editing, animation, titles, and sound
- Working knowledge of shooting with an HD-SLR camera.
Compensation: This internship is unpaid at this time. We will be happy to work with your school so that you may receive college credit.
How to Apply: Applications should be sent to Will Lebzelter at: email@example.com and consist of a resume, a link to your portfolio or video reel (no large attachments) and a link to a favorite YouTube video—for advancing nature or recreation messages in a unique way. Please provide what daytime hours you are available. Reference “Video Intern” in the subject line.